17 September 2009

Autumnal

I am still very excited about Kings of Convenience's new album coming out in October, which is why I added another new track of theirs in this mix.


However, I am also equally as excited for Letting Up Despite Great Faults, whose self-titled debut LP comes out in the same month. Be on the lookout for this one, because I have a damn good hunch that it will steal the hearts of many this fall.


Empire of the Sun is a fun and funny band...


...from down under, and generally I like the groove that Aussies produce (ie. Cut Copy, Midnight Juggernauts). They also love Bali, so that's another thing I like that we have in common.

This last part I've been wanting to get out in public, but somehow never have since summer. As much as I like The Pains of Being Pure at Heart on record- actually, I kind of extremely enjoy their album- they are terrible live. How they were able to headline summer festivals this past year, it beats me. And really, how nice (!) that they have a token Asian girl who sings only four words in every song and dances behind a keyboard that she doesn't really play. I really appreciate the added (dis)value to our image. I really wish I could have more respect for the band for their live shows, but for now, I'll stick with listening to their mp3s, particularly this one, and maybe I'll just forget that I ever saw them perform.


Autumnal (click to download)

1. Letting Up Despite Great Faults - "The Colors Aren't You Or Me" [Letting Up Despite Great Faults, 2009]
2. Empire of the Sun - "Half Mast" [Empire of the Sun, 2009]
3. Kings of Convenience - "Freedom And Its Owner" [Declaration of Dependence, 2009]
4. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - "Higher Than The Stars" [Higher Than The Stars EP, 2009]


2 comments:

citrusvanilla said...

yo you need to host the songs on this page sister im not going to open my p2p app and do it myself.

cindiot said...

i just uploaded the songs on a hostingfile website (zshare.net), from which you can download very easily and no pop-ups. i'm not even sure what a p2p app is (torrent?), so i'm sure i don't use it...