25 April 2010

spring awakening

Sorry for the recent silence, and sorry for that too-easy Broadway musical reference.  The last month has been a tiresomely slow whirlwind, and with the drama of getting my Gmail account hacked and other emotional rides, I haven't had the chance to care about spreading the joy of music - only to selfishly enjoy it to myself.  Anyhow, no more!

Highly recommended new releases: Shugo Tokumaru - Port Entropy & Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record (sorry, no link on the latter)


"Are you ready to rock?  Are you ready to house?" - Erlend Øye 4/21/10


You must catch The Whitest Boy Alive if you ever have the opportunity, because I luckily attended one of their sold out NYC shows this week and it was too awesome!  I can count with 2 hands how many times in my life I've ever been that bananas.  Who knew 4 white kids could put on such a groovy dance party?

right one - gawd!!!

Oh wait, I know, because 2 of the members are from Berlin, and apparently, Berlin is where it's at if you want to party!  You can read more about the show at BrooklynVegan, I felt they wrote an accurate review of it (and complete with a footage from the other show in NYC).  You know it was a terrific performance when you still can't stop listening to the albums over and over again the fourth day after the show.

Seriously, if you haven't already, consider getting their albums Rules (2009) and Dreams (2006).

No comments: